MoaTrek is a New Zealand family-owned and operated business and has been a leader in New Zealand small group travel since 1971. It’s our mission to make travelling around our beautiful country the best experience for our clients. It’s what we live for. Our carefully curated scenic, cultural and special interest tours run all over Aotearoa in some of the most remarkable destinations our country has to offer.
Our ongoing success is a result of a lot of hard graft, a passion for delivering outstanding tours and having a great team with shared values and work ethic. We are a small, tight-knit, fun team of 12 office-based staff and 10+ guides. We work together really well to ensure we provide exceptional tours to our clients.
We have thrived through challenging economic conditions, and we are only getting stronger. Our company values are critical to guide us, keep us aligned on the same path and achieve our ambitious plans.
We are united by our company values, which are:
• Make customers our focus and satisfy them with superior quality, value and service.
• Ownership and accountability: Each of us is responsible for our words, our actions and our results.
• A will to win – tourism is an industry that requires resilience.
• Teamwork: We achieve more when we collaborate and all work together.
• Open communication which is honest, ethical and genuine.
• United in our goals for excellence, we deliver excellence to our travellers and each other.
• Remember to have fun – that’s what our travellers are doing on tour.
• Safety: Always think health and safety for our travellers and for our team.
Why Join Our Team
If you join the team at MoaTrek, you will be joining a company committed to providing a stable future, career development opportunities, a highly competitive remuneration package and a fantastic place to work.
Here’s what some of our guides have said about working with MoaTrek:
Kiwi Guide Tim: I like that MoaTrek is a New Zealand owned company, run by the same family for over 50 years. The large range of New Zealand wide itineraries, create interesting guiding experiences. After 30 years of guiding, I am still learning about Aotearoa, thanks to Moa.
Kiwi Guide Andrew: Really genuine NZ family company, people and places!
We take time to find the right people to join the team. Currently, we are actively recruiting for Kiwi Guides. A Kiwi Guide is a tour guide / driver guide. And we are always on the look out for talented professionals.
If you are positive, practical and would love to share your passion for travelling in NZ with others contact our Kiwi Guide Manager Andre Booth for more information.